1. I’m thankful for being able to wake up every day.
2. I’m thankful for having a roof over my head.
3. I’m thankful for having great parents who allowed me to have a fun and normal childhood and continue to support me and keep me grounded to this day.
4. I’m thankful for my brother and my sister for growing up to be stellar young adults and for hanging out with me on the days that nobody else will.
5. I’m thankful for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and extended family for their love and for always being a joy to see and hang out with.
6. I’m thankful for all of my very close friends who are family to me, for the friends and acquaintances I don’t see as often but are always a pleasure to hang out and catch up with, and for the friends I’ve made via the magic of the Internet and social media.
7. I’m thankful for our family’s sweet little cat for never failing to bring a smile to my face, even when she’s being a little snot face by scratching me or stepping all over my keyboard while I’m on the computer or staring at me then trying to hide and run away from me or just otherwise annoying me.
8. I’m thankful for the guy who asked me out after I sent him an email just saying hi after we met at that speed dating thing—and for still wanting to hang out with me five months later, for all the texts, phone calls, conversations, and moments we’ve shared together, and for thinking the way he thinks about me and for treating me the way he treats me.
9. I’m thankful for my good physical and mental/emotional health and for having good healthcare for the times I don’t have good health and for routine stuff.
10. I’m thankful for my job for allowing me to be productive every day and make an income and for giving me co-workers who are actually pretty rad.
11. I’m thankful for The Hudsucker for giving me opportunities to challenge myself as a writer, for bringing my work to a wide audience, and for allowing me to be part of a team of awesome and talented people.
13. I’m thankful for all of the other jobs I’ve held for teaching me a lot about serving others, and for all the past media outlets and publications I’ve contributed to for have given me the chance to do what I love and build my portfolio
14. I’m thankful for my gifts of writing and being tech-savvy so I can share with and engage the world through my blog and social networks.
15. I’m thankful for being able to get to know other writers, feel inspired by them, and network with them.
16. I’m thankful for living in one of the most beautiful, most tolerant, and culturally richest cities in the world and that I get to explore it and love it more and more every day.
17. I’m thankful for living near public transportation so I can get around the city more easily (And for all of those who give me rides for the times when it ain’t so easy, or to places outside of SF).
18. I’m thankful for the game of baseball and my San Francisco Giants (And their two World Series rings in these last few years) and for being able to watch them in the most electrifying ballpark along with the most amazing fans.
19. I’m thankful for football and the San Francisco 49ers.
20. I’m thankful for Bay Area sports.
21. I’m thankful for film, music, TV, pop culture, and the arts.
22. I’m thankful that I have a college degree and don’t have to spend time worrying about homework, projects, and papers anymore (Unless I maybe go through grad school, which is a possibility I’m still flirting with), and for all of the teachers I’ve had throughout my academic career.
23. I’m thankful for food, dessert, coffee, and booze.
24. I’m thankful for sunshine and rain and fog (Depends on how I feel at a given time) and weather that’s not extreme.
25. I’m thankful for the lazy days, afternoons, and evenings of sleeping late and doing things that aren’t really productive.
26. I’m thankful for the productive days, afternoons, and evenings.
27. I’m thankful for kind strangers.
28. I’m thankful for new opportunities and adventures to learn and do anything.
29. I’m thankful for every heartbreak I’ve experienced–whether in familial rifts, friendships, my social life, romance, or in my career pursuits–because they teach me about what I’m truly made of.
30. I’m thankful for you for taking the time out of your day to read this.
I know Thanksgiving isn’t for another couple of days, but Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Take these next few days to reflect on what you are grateful for and I hope you enjoy a good meal and great times with your loved ones this Thursday!
(PHOTO CREDIT: Karen Datangel)